This shop has been compensated by Kahlúa. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #ColdBrewMartini
(Hover Over Photo Above To Shop)
Holiday Dessert Party
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I have the biggest sweet tooth. Give me an excuse to whip up a batch of cookies or swing by our favorite bakery, and I’m in. We wanted to have my parents over for a little holiday celebration after we’d put up all our decor, and I immediately thought to host a holiday dessert party for the four of us. Kahlúa cold brew martinis and beautiful treats from our local bakery made this such a simple yet elegant gathering at home, and I’m already eager to recreate it for some friends later this month.
Kahlua Cold Brew Martinis
Of course, keeping with the dessert theme, I looked for a drink recipe that would compliment the sweets. Brandon and I have both had Kahlúa in the past and love the sweet yet refreshing flavor it offers, especially when paired with coffee or even chocolate. It works well with many cocktails and is a very versatile liquor. We opted to keep things simple with this Kahlúa Cold Brew Martini recipe that is just 1-part Absolut vodka, 2-parts Kahlúa, 3-parts cold brew coffee. You can find Kahlúa at Spec’s, or even Twin Liquors.
1 part Absolut vodka
2 parts Kahlúa
3 parts cold brew coffee
Garnish coffee beans.
Hosting Tips For Your Dessert Party
To me, dessert parties are the easiest to throw! I love to bake and am happy for any excuse to try out a new recipe. Even if you aren’t a baker, this type of party is so simple to throw together, especially at the last minute! Here are a few of our tips for hosting to make the occasion run smoother:
- Chill your liquor and your martini glasses in the freezer for an even better cocktail
- Keep things simple on yourself and pick up pastries at a local bakery or grocery; opt for one “showstopper” homemade dessert if there’s time
- Serve desserts on festive holiday plates like these plaid ones or these adorable Santa plates
- Get creative and send guests home with a little “to-go” box or goodie bag with leftover desserts
- Keep the cocktails simple with a Kahlúa Cold Brew Martini.
- Serve a hot chocolate bar and add a splash of Kahlúa in that too!