My Everyday Makeup Routine (Under 10 Minutes)
When it comes to makeup, I keep things pretty simple. I’m neither the girl who takes thirty minutes and contours everyday, nor the girl who just does a quick swipe of lip gloss and mascara. Instead, I fall somewhere in the middle, keeping things low maintenance but still allowing for coverage. I created a short little video to document the process, but I’m talking about each product below, giving a full description of why I love it and why it works. Hope you guys enjoy! PS, if you want more beauty, check out how to get hydrated, dewy skin. I’ve also linked a few of my “everyday” products (skincare too) that are included in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. They are featured below!
The Products (In The Order Of The Video)
- Infallible Pro Glow Foundation: I’ve been using this for a few years and it is my tried and true favorite. For a drugstore foundation, I’m always shocked at how great the coverage and color is for my skin. It leaves a natural finish and cannot be classified as matte. I do think that the foundation needs to be set with powder in order to prolong the wear.
- Coola Sunscreen: I talked about this last summer but I LOVE this mineral sunscreen. It’s tinted so it gives just the faintest bit of coverage but it’s a matte formula and I love how it doesn’t feel greasy on the skin.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: This brightens my under-eye area SO much. I have the shade “light” and love how it seems to make me look more awake, especially in the mornings. The tiniest dab works wonders and I’ve had this same tube for a year now without having to replenish.
- Laura Mercier Setting Powder: I’m give and take with drug store and “name brand” makeup buys. The Laura Mercier setting powder is a cult favorite and I’m just as obsessed. It’s translucent and a little goes a long way. Even though it’s more of an expensive purchase, I usually only have to buy one a year!
- MAC Bronzer: To be honest, this can come off a little strong sometimes so I only use a little bit around my cheekbones and in the “contour” places. I’m not 100% committed to this though and will probably try a new bronzer once this one is gone. Just have to be honest!
- Lancome Blush: This blush came in one of those freebie kits you get at Nordstrom if you buy a certain amount of product. I was pleasantly surprised at the pretty color! It looks strong and intimidating in these pictures but it’s a beautiful pink color that gives life to the cheeks. I especially love using it in the summer months for a more vibrant color!
- Benefit Brow Pencil: If you’re a makeup junkee, I’m sure you’ve tried this one! I have a scar on my right eyebrow and so I’ve always used pencil to cover it up. This is by far my favorite! I use the shade dark brown and I’ve also used the Ka-Brow cream gel product as well. Both work well for me and I’ll definitely repurchase!
- Laura Mercier Eye Primer: This has been a game changer for me! I found that my makeup doesn’t really stay in place during the summer months, especially eye shadow. This primer locks in my eyeshadow but can also double as my eyeshadow if I want a more natural, minimal look. The light pink-y shade is right up my alley and I just dab it on with my finger!
- Naked Palette Eye Shadow: I’ve been using the Naked Palettes for years! The pink one is my go-to during the summer. Somehow the lighter colors just feel right to me. Every day is different for this and I often mix it up on which colors I wear.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: LOVE. I’m a mascara junkee and if I don’t have lash extensions (mine will be all gone here in the next week or two), I always wear mascara. I’ve found that this formula gives the best length for me, without skimping on volume too. It’s a win-win situation and I’ve tried a lot of mascara.
- Revlon Matte Lipstick: I discovered this several years back and while there aren’t a ton of color options that I love, I’ve found two that I will forever buy and repurchase (“Seduction” and “Embrace”). The creamy matte formula is a steal for just $6.99 and it really does give coverage for several hours. I honestly think this could compete with some of the big name matte lipsticks and I’m all in for the price point.
- MAC Lipsticks: I do love a good MAC lipstick, just like everyone else! The formulas I love are not extreme matte (I found that those just felt too dry on my lips). They’ve got just a little moisture to them but still give lasting lip color. My favorite is “Please Me” (worn on my wedding day).
Products I Mentioned Currently On Sale
You guys know that the Nordstrom Sale is happening right now and honestly, this is the best time of year to stock up on certain beauty products. In the past, I’ve always always purchased the NeuLash serum because it’s a buy one/get one free deal. Nude lipsticks, moisturizers, serums, hair products, and so much more are included in the beauty section of the sale. I’ve only selected the products that I really use or have used in the past and 90% of them are featured in this post (including the amazing Laura Mercier translucent setting powder). If something catches your eye, my advice is to grab it while you can!