Our Spring Table With Bed Bath & Beyond
When Brandon and I were registering for kitchen items before the wedding, we kept things pretty simple. Opting for white plates made me feel like I’d have the opportunity to add color in other ways: like napkins, tablecloths, or even salad plates. That being said, we didn’t register for a lot of colorful items and as you have probably seen, we love color! Enter Bed Bath & Beyond. I approached them about creating a simple spring table; something that didn’t scream “Easter” and could easily be transitioned into the summer months as well. My inspiration came from these gorgeous Kate Spade accent plants and I knew I wanted a refresh for our dishes and a pop of hot pink to go with the navy and white stripes. If you’re not a pink person, navy goes with every single color and season. Many of the things this post, you may already own, allowing you to easily recreate this simple table. You just need a few Bed Bath & Beyond items to refresh your basics and complete the look.
*Thank you to Bed Bath & Beyond for partnering on this post*
Spring Table: The Breakdown
For our table, I think there are a few key products needed to recreate this look. Pick your color scheme and take note of these items:
- Kate Spade Accent Plates: Like I said, this was the start of my inspiration. I can picture these plates underneath gold chargers, white plates that you already own, the matching Kate Spade large plates, and virtually every pop of color you can think of with napkins. These are SUCH a good buy as far as versatility and your ability to reuse them.
- Large White Chargers (Already Owned): I definitely don’t regret our large white dinner plates (that are actually charger sized). We registered for these and use them daily! Can’t go wrong with a white plate for layering on a pretty table.
- Glasses: Our everyday glassware actually has a pattern on it and I found myself wishing for some plain glasses. Although I love the pretty geometric pattern our others have, I wanted to make sure that we invested in some regular glasses. Plus, these are smaller and thinner, perfect for cocktails or a fun beverage like pink lemonade.
- Kate Spade Trashcan (used as a vase above): I saw this trashcan in the matching Kate Spade Charlotte collection and knew it had to serve as our vase! Clear vases can be boring to me. Why not invest in something that catches the eye?
- Egg Holder Cups: These are precious and such a great price! Instead of making them hold an egg (which would be perfect for actual Easter), I filled them with colored Jordan almonds as a sweet treat for guests.
- Colored Napkins: Bed Bath & Beyond has the best selection of napkins for such a fair price. Any color in the rainbow is available and I love this shade of pure hot pink.
- Woven Napkin Rings: Napkin rings are a must for any hostess! I love the neutral color of these and with all of the trendy straw bags out right now, why not have straw napkin rings too?
- Glass Cake Stand: Another wonderful piece to have. I don’t bake cakes very often, but a cake stand is necessary to show off your creation! I also love how this one serves to elevate and add dimension to the table as another centerpiece.
- Tablecloth Or Runner: Because our table is such an odd shape, I couldn’t have a regular tablecloth. Although this one would be perfect for spring, I just went to the fabric store and found a pattern that I liked. I had it cut to my dimensions, folded it, and let it serve as a runner.
- Your own items: It’s so important to remember what you actually own and reuse it! My white tray, the little chickens (borrowed from my mom), and our everyday silverware are obviously things that I had the ability to use all the time. It’s important to remember that creating something that feels fresh and different doesn’t always mean every item needs to be new. Our little “refresh” here for spring cost less than $200 total.