Spring Wardrobe Refresh
New Pieces That Will Add Life To Your Closet
1. A Versatile Maxi: Maxi dresses are the perfect solution for any occasion. This one would work well for a wedding, bridal shower, brunch, or any occasion. I love how they can be dressed down with sandals or dressed up for a more formal event. This spring, opt for one with florals, pastels, or an interesting silhouette to make it feel more current.
2. The Perfect Button Down: I typically like having my arms covered in the spring since San Antonio has chilly mornings and warm afternoons. A lightweight button down like this one works well for any occasion and can be worn with something simple like denim shorts or worn with a cute skirt to dress it up.
3. A Casual, Everyday Dress: Stripes are timeless and seem to make more of an appearance in the springtime. Update your wardrobe with an easy dress like this one that can be worn into the summer.
4. A Striped Tee: This is a basic that every girl needs to have in her closet! Use it as a layering tool with a utility jacket on top, or wear it by itself with white jeans for a nautical look. There are endless possibilities for a striped tee and this J. Crew one is a great quality and will last over the seasons.
5. Something Gingham: Last year, we saw a multitude of gingham through spring and summer. I’m happy to say that the cheerful print has returned and has only increased in popularity!
6. A White Blouse: A timeless spring and summer staple is a white eyelet blouse. There are so many great options right now but I’d choose one that flatters your body type and one without sleeves so that you can wear it all spring and summer long.
7. Shoes To Go With Everything: One of my most worn pair of shoes are my silver sandals that I bought last year. I love that slides are a no-brainer option and with warmer weather on the way, something without a strap or buckle is always a good option. I’m a flats girl and these are not only practical, but so cute as well.
8. A Circle Bag Or Basket Bag: The “it bag” of the season: something with a circle shape or rattan/straw material. Bonus that this bag checks both off the list! I added this to my cart without hesitation and the under $100 price tag had me giddy about the find. For me, a cross body bag is a necessity for travel or just an afternoon out. There are so many easy options this spring for both the “circle bag” and the “basket bag”.
9. Statement Earrings: Once again, statement earrings are still in trend! I love how these flowers still manage to seem delicate because of the thin metal and I feel like they’d go with everything. When looking for statement earrings this season, try to find something in a neutral or a gold so that you can re-wear them again and again.
10. Sperry Boat Shoes: Brandon lives in boat shoes. If you’re a long time blog reader, you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say that Sperry boat shoes appear in 75% of our blog posts! This classic pair is great for any guy and can be worn with so many different outfits.
11. A Short Sleeve Button Up: Last year Brandon really started wearing short sleeve button ups more. San Antonio can get really warm in the spring and these were a nice option to have for those extra warm days. It also benefitted us because they transitioned into summer perfectly.
12. Pastel Colored Chinos: Bring on the pastels! Lighter colored pants should be embraced by guys because they look great on everyone! If your guy is hesitant, start with white pants or off-white and move towards a light blue or light green before you try a peach/pink color. This pair has the spectrum of the rainbow and they’re a great fit.
13. A Gingham Shirt: Once again, we’re seeing gingham! This is a classic staple carried by many mens stores. You can’t go wrong with gingham in multiple colors and we love the price point of this one.