K: Happy Valentine’s Day! Today is meant to be filled with love (and hopefully a date and a little chocolate too!). We thought we’d keep it sweet with a personal post on the little things we love about each other. I hope it allows you to reflect on who you love and why you love them.
The Little Things We Love About Each Other
- Brandon: I love that Katherine literally makes me a better person. Example: Katherine remembers everything I say, and will call me out if any variance in my thought process is evoked. Additionally, Katherine is adamant about us pursuing and putting our dreams into action, literally making me put my money where my mouth is – the exact reason I bought an old Range Rover and am retrofitting the off-road conversion mechanic work myself.
- Katherine: I love the way he reaches for my hand at the most unexpected moments. We could be eating dinner in our house together and suddenly, Brandon will just reach over and grab my hand.
- Brandon: I love when Katherine will ask for my help. Katherine is very determined, strong minded, and at times, quite stubborn. However Katherine has learned to sweetly ask for my help ranging from a stubborn jar lid or a blog post, at which point I will come to the rescue. It is nice to feel needed, even for such small tasks.
- Katherine: I love when he gets fired up and passionate about something. The best example that comes to mind is when he talks about eventually owning a ranch someday and stocking it with beautiful animals from all over the world. Brandon gets very animated and enthusiastic, talking a mile a minute about our dreams and plans together.
- Brandon: Katherine always expresses such sincere gratitude. Katherine is black or white in her visible emotions, making it easy to immediately tell if she is happy with any action. This makes it great to accomplish any small or large facet of a task or surprise that I might do for her, just to see her smile.
- Katherine: I love how he takes care of me. Even with little things like getting me a glass of water before bed or washing my Yeti tumbler before work, his small actions do not go unnoticed.
- Brandon: I love that Katherine and I are nearly the same person despite having starkly different upbringings and experiences. We host nearly identical beliefs, hopes, dreams, day-dreams, passions, genres of music, and an overwhelming desire to travel. Thus, the birth of our travel and lifestyle blog.
- Katherine: I love how he’s so open to new things. Brandon is not your typical guy in the fact that he’s open to all sorts of ideas and activities! He takes me to ballets, wants to travel to impoverished regions within India, and has categorized lists and ideas about the sort of things he’d like to do and see in particular portions of the world.
- Brandon: I love that Katherine always sports a confident persona. Whether Katherine is doing something for the first time of the hundredth time, she is somehow always confident in her actions. I learn a great deal from the actions of others, making Katherine’s trait a continual goal of my own to accomplish a confident face.
- Katherine: I love how he just gets me. Enough said on this one. There is no other man in the world who gets me the way Brandon does. For that, I’m thankful.
One Swainky Couple Turns 1 On Friday!
Be sure to tune in on Friday for a special post on our “blogiversary”. Friday marks the day that we started this little adventure and we have a fun post planned!