K: Let’s be real: most people go through their work day, come home, cook, exercise, but at the end of the day, an episode of something on Netflix is in everyone’s forecast. Especially since it’s been cold, we’ve been diving deeper into a few shows and have become invested in a their respective plot lines. We wanted to share our recommendations on the best Netflix shows to watch together as a couple. Some shows are just for me (I loved watching Girlboss and I adored Jane the Virgin) and some shows are just for Brandon. That being said, when you come together at the end of the day, it’s nice to watch something that you both enjoy. Leave a comment at the end to let us know what you’re currently watching! We’ll add it to our list 🙂
The Best Netflix Shows to Watch Together
- The Office: Brandon and I embarked on the time consuming, yet deeply satisfying journey of watching The Office from start to finish. We’re currently on the last season and it has been so much fun to watch a show from the first episode to the last! This is one of those easy, twenty-minute comedies that you can just pop on, zone out for a little bit, and laugh. Most people have seen a few episodes of the show but it’s been great to watch the whole thing in chronological order.
- Reign: This show takes place during Queen Elizabeth’s era but tells the story of Mary, Queen of Scots. It’s a CW show, so it’s filled with historical inaccuracies but contains lots of drama. Surprisingly, we loved it, especially in the earlier seasons. Brandon and I typically enjoy this time period though so if you aren’t a fan of historical dramas, this may not be for you. While there are plenty of “girly” parts, the male characters are strong and it definitely held Brandon’s attention.
- Breaking Bad: I think this would have to go down as our favorite show ever. I’d seen it before during college, but knew that I wanted to watch it a second time since Brandon hadn’t watched it before. We flew through the seasons with way too many binge watch sessions and absolutely loved the well-written plot and detailed characters. If you’re looking for your next drama, this is it.
- Blacklist: We actually just started this show but have been pleasantly surprised with the first few episodes. It’s a political drama and the acting so far has been impressive. We’ll keep you posted on this one!
- Stranger Things: Obviously! Brandon is terrified of anything remotely scary but I kind of forced him to watch this one. Perfect show if you want an excuse to cuddle during the scary parts. He quickly realized that the plot and the characters make it worth watching and you can easily become invested!
- This Is Us: Okay, not technically on Netflix, BUT this show is so good!! We’re still on season 1 but it’s been amazing so far. I think we’re both in love with the cast and the stories that they’re telling. You’ll find it easy to relate to someone on the show and I love how it’s so easy to follow the family’s life.
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette: Also not on Netflix, but ladies, if you can get your guy to watch this it is SO much fun. I love hearing what Brandon thinks about the girls and what his predictions are on who is getting a rose. Plus, it serves to give guys great date inspiration! Invite your guy to watch with you and it’s a win-win.
Location: Our Home