K: On our blog survey, many of you expressed an interest in seeing more of our home. While some areas are still unfinished, we want to deliver on this subject and thought we’d start small with the bathroom. I absolutely love organization (you can see posts like this one and this one for proof) and the bathroom is just one of those areas that can fall by the wayside in keeping it tidy and organized. We feel lucky in the fact that we’re sent a lot of new products to try out, but all of that can add up in space. Over Christmas break, I spent some time sifting through products and finding a spot for all of them. Bins, drawers, and my makeup stand are lifesavers when it comes to keeping things in place.
B: Katherine did all of this while I was at work and I came home to find a spot for our plethora of medicines, essential oils, soaps, lotions, and other products. It really does make a difference to have things placed in containers or tubs, rather than just sitting out in a cluttered mess. We recommend clear bins so that you can still see everything; this also helps you know what you have and what you’re lacking.
K: I saw the idea for this on Pinterest so I can’t take full credit. To elevate your bathroom with a spa-like atmosphere, fill glass jars with artesian soaps, bath salts, or bath bombs. The result is a sophisticated spa and jars that smell heavenly when you open them up for a hot bath.
Bathroom Organization + Making It Feel Like A Spa
- Purchase clear tubs and bins so that everything can have a spot. Organize by products or by person (i.e. Brandon and I each got a drawer above)
- Let your “pretty” items sit out on display. Jewelry, a beautiful mirror, acrylic trays, soaps, and bath salts are all lovely when set out to enjoy, rather than hidden away.
- Hide the Ugly. Who wants to see your medicine sitting out or your toilet paper stacked in the corner? Hide those and give them space in your cabinets/closets.
- Set out fresh towels. There’s nothing more inviting than a big, white, fluffy towel. Make it spa-like and inviting by keeping them neatly folded.
- Utilize fresh flowers and scent. We are firm believers in fresh flowers brightening up any space and adding a touch of beauty. Additionally, utilize scent from essential oils or candles to make your bathroom space feel like a spa.
PS: If you’re interested in the exact products, I’ve listed them below: