K: Men can be difficult to shop for and I’m a huge girly-girl, making it challenging to find a great gift for my husband. Naturally, I asked for Brandon’s help in searching for the best gift options for any type of guy out there. We thought of every possible option and price point for all of you ladies out there searching for a Christmas gift for the man in your life. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for the full gift guide and Brandon’s thoughts on each item.
K: Before we get to the gift guide, I had to take a moment to talk about the functionality of these outfits. I feel like I rarely wear jeans on the blog, but my go-to pair are these AG skinnies. Paired with this cheerful, red sweater and some leopard flats, and this was perfect for running errands and Christmas shopping. Sometimes it’s the most casual outfits that stand out.
If you’ll notice in our gift guide, we included a Mizzen + Main shirt as a great gift option. We were first introduced to this brand earlier in the fall (see our Denver post here), and since then, have fallen even more in love with the quality and comfort of the shirts. Brandon is wearing one of their newer patterns and we also love this new flannel and this spirited red shirt for Christmas.
On Katherine: Loft sweater, AG Jeans , Halogen flats,
On Brandon: Mizzen + Main shirt, AG Jeans, Tods shoes
What to Get Your Husband for Christmas
(From Brandon’s Perspective)
- Mizzen + Main Dress Shirt: These shirts are unique from their flexible, non-wrinkle fabric down to their name. I’m confident saying that any man, despite his age, would be happy with the quality, durability, and options that this brand brings.
2. Headphones: A fantastic set of headphones are worth their weight in music. Whether you are running a marathon on a treadmill, commuting on a light rail, or stuck on a long flight, a quality headphone is needed to pick up every musical note of your favorite sone.
3. Jack Black All Over Wash: Perfect for a stocking stuffer, this all over wash works for hair, body, and face, leaving behind a distinctive and addicting minty fresh scent. I’ve used it for years and continue to love it.
4. Nordstrom Tie Box: Picking one particular tie for a gift can be tricky; this tie box includes a variety pack of ties and pocket squares, ensuring that the receiver of this gift is sure to be satisfied.
5. A Comfy Pair of PJ Pants: When the weather is frightful, a delightful pair of pajama pants are key. With a huge variety of patterns, colors, and fabrics, comfy pajama pants are perfect for lounging, sleeping, and Netflix marathons.
6. Leather Cell Phone Case: Cell phones are a necessity in everyones lives, so you might as well have a good looking case to cover up that fragile glass bodied lifeline to the social world.
7. Patagonia Vest: Everyone needs a rugged, outdoorsy vest to keep them warm through the winter. Patagonia is a true to its name brand that generates a quality product that yuppies, both old and young, can appreciate.
8. Cufflinks: Although cufflinks aren’t worn all the time, you don’t have to spend a fortune for a great pair. Great looking and economic cufflinks can be found in abundance; however, stepping into the next price point can easily make a special gift for a guy and can hold as much long term value as a nice piece of jewelry.
9. Happy Socks: Socks are just as necessary as a positive, uplifting attitude. Stepping into a room with a pair of richly colorful and ornately pattered Happy Socks will be sure to liven any social, work, or home environment.
10. A New Backpack: For the modern man, a backpack is the new briefcase. Tumi makes a great quality backpack; I’ve carried mine for nearly six years and it still looks brand new. This is the equivalent of a nice purse and one item that you really should not skimp on.