K: With Thanksgiving just a week and a half away, we’re getting into full holiday mode! This year, we’re staying in town and spending the day with Brandon’s family. It’s our first Thanksgiving together and we could not be more excited! Last year we were engaged, but spent the day apart. This year, we’re looking forward to starting a few traditions of our own and having a few activities to get us in the spirit. We’ve included a list of all sorts of Thanksgiving activities we want to do because both Brandon and I have the week off! What are your plans?
Thanksgiving Activities for Couples:
- Make a pie together!
- Get a game of touch football going with family or other couples
- Take a walk around the neighborhood after the big meal
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade together and get in the holiday spirit
- Online shop for the other person (hello, Cyber Monday deals!)
- Cook a new dish that the family hasn’t had before and bring it to the meal
- Participate in one of the many 5K runs happening on the morning of Thanksgiving
- Independently write down all of the things you’re thankful for and share the list with each other
- Volunteer at a local food bank or shelter to serve food to those in need
- Feel like a kid again and iron leaves into wax paper (see the example here)
What will you be up to this year? We’d love to know your plans or if you have any other activities we can add to the list! Also, I’ll be going to Cabo on Thursday for one of my best friend’s bachelorette parties! If you don’t follow along on our Instagram Stories, be sure to give us a follow for some great pictures!
On Katherine: Similar navy top, Loft skirt, similar riding boots
On Brandon: Banana Republic pullover sweater, Banana Republic tee, Banana Republic chinos
PS: Be sure to check out our post on 20 Budget Friendly Fall Dates for more ideas!