K: As newlyweds, or any young couple trying to stick to a budget, it can sometimes be difficult to have a date night without breaking the bank. Brandon and I always try to make time for fun activities together and we’ve often showcased that on the blog. We’re making a conscious effort to eat out less, which takes away a lot of options for date night. Since we’ve been forced to be a little more creative lately, we thought it would be nice to share a few fall date night ideas for anyone on a budget.
20 Fall Date Night Ideas
- Carve pumpkins on your back porch! Grab some apple cider at your nearest grocery and roast the pumpkin seeds for a delicious snack.
- Spend the afternoon at a park! Bring old school toys like a Frisbee or roller skates and explore the area.
- Go out for dessert. Skip the dinner and just go for a sweet treat somewhere!
- Curl up to a scary movie and create your own movie snacks. You can see our DIY movie date here.
- Visit a pumpkin patch with more than just pumpkins. Try to find one with an extra feature like a corn maze or hay rides!
- Make caramel apples; it’s so easy and cheap!
- Go to a football game and bundle up in fall layers! It doesn’t have to be a big team, you can support your local high school or college.
- Find a fall festival. Many schools and neighborhoods have one close to Halloween. It may be corny but they’re usually fun to attend.
- Test recipes for Thanksgiving. If you’re in charge of bringing a dish for Thanksgiving dinner, why not make a date out of testing possible recipes? Try them out together and decide which one is the best!
- Have a cozy night with wine and board games.
- Go to a haunted house. Even though Brandon refuses to attend a haunted house, this is a very budget friendly date idea. Most tickets will be less than $20.
- Pick apples and bake an apple treat.
- Start a bonfire and roast s’mores.
- Plan a camping weekend somewhere with fall foliage. Most camping sites are cheap to stay the night and if you already have the gear, it’s an easy date!
- Try a new coffee shop. There’s nothing cozier than a hot cup of coffee and a delicious pastry to go with it.
- Have a picnic somewhere scenic. You can see our last picnic date right here.
- Walk through a college campus. If you have a campus nearby, it’s fun to walk through with a cup of hot chocolate and reminisce about your own college experience. We went to the University of Incarnate Word for these photos and somehow the atmosphere of a college campus makes me think of fall.
- Visit the farmer’s market for fresh fall produce.
- Build a fort in your living room and binge watch Netflix.
- Put on your best plaid outfit and shoot clay pigeons at a gun range.
Keep the list going! Leave a comment with your best fall date idea at the bottom!